Looking for a basket that has a million uses? This is it! These wicker storage baskets are a great way to tidy up any room or space. Made of durable willow (like bamboo but more versatile) and expertly woven into wicker, they're great to store fruit, stationary, hobby items, toys, etc, etc. Our customers have literally sent us hundreds of different uses for 'em.. and more each and every week. With over 10 different cloth liner styles and wicker tints, we find it's fun to match the best color/pattern to what you plan to use it for.
- All-natural, high quality willow is always non-toxic and environmentally-resourced
- Designed to last for decades, it's fade-free and naturally resistant to mold and mustiness
- Breathable cotton liner can be removed to clean and wash
- Reinforce base and bottom edges that can stand up to just about any use
How big are they?
Each of the basket styles come in four different sizes. See the table below for a quick breakdown:
|Sizes (length x height x width)|
|small: 9.8" x 5.9" x 4.3" (25x15x11 cm)|
|med: 15" x 15" x 8" (30x21x12 cm)|
|large: 14.2" x 10.2" x 5.5" (36x26x14 cm)|
|x-large: 15.8" x 11.8" x 6.3" (40x30x16 cm)|
Since they're handmade, expect a tiny deviation from these sizes every so often.
What are the best uses for these baskets?
The list is pretty endless and only restricted by your imagination (and basket size), but these are some of the more common uses:
- Fruit/pantry bowl - any size basket will do, I have a few different baskets for my apples/peaches, bread and pasta
- Bathroom caddy - either next to your sink or tub, this wicker basket is a great place to store your soap, shampoo, sponges, etc.
- Toy storage - from newborns to teenagers, toys somehow always go missing. Use these storage baskets to group together similar type toys or just toss 'em in to de-clutter
- Stationary/hobbies - safely and securely store your journals, pens, envelopes, notepads, etc. For the hobbyists out there, organize your stamps, thread, balls or anything else small to medium-sized
- Laundry hamper - particularly with the extra large size, use it to toss your dirty clothes, especially handy for kids and toddlers
We could go on and on but you get the idea. If you'd like to share how you used one or more of these wicker storage baskets, drop us a line anytime.
How are these baskets different from others I've seen?
In our opinion, for simplicity, beauty, price and durability, it doesn't get much better. A lot of similar-looking baskets out there are made with lower quality willow and/or don't have a reinforced base, drastically reducing its longevity. Each of our handmade wicker baskets are carefully woven, smartly shipped (to avoid damage) and always inspected before they head out the door to ensure you get a one-of-a-kind keepsake you'll treasure for decades.